2014/05/12

2014.05.04 Suzhou Master of the Nets Garden



I’m not very much into living things,so  I did not expect much from a ‘garden’, expecting a place with flowers, trees and bugs (with local twist), but what I saw impressed me. A Chinese garden is a multilayer affair, and indeed it only depends on the visitor whether it takes half an hour (just walking through) or half a day (exploring), even though the area is not that big. It starts with layout, then it can be broken into buildings and outside displays, complementing one another. It the buildings there are architecture, detail, function equipment and history to consider. Outside there can be plants, water, rocks, pavements etc.




















The fact that places in the garden are supposed to resemble scenes, thus requires planning, attention to detail and presentation. It assures me, that if railway was invented earlier, the Chinese would have built railway model layouts instead :)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Dominik Kara,
    For a project I would like to use a photograph from your collection.Could you send me an email to: carlo@kossmanndejong.nl
    I will tell you more about it through email.
    Kind regards,
    Carlo

    ReplyDelete